Products & Services
Case Studies of Our Work
NatureServe has conducted or collaborated on numerous conservation analyses and planning projects across the Western Hemisphere for a large variety of clients and situations. Many clients wish to keep their work confidential but you may use the links below to browse a sample of our work.
- Analysis of Conservation and Economic Value of Forest Stands (Arkansas)
- Potlatch Corporation sought to understand where economic and conservation values of its forest stands do and do not conflict to allow more rapid progress in management planning by identifying areas where agreement can rapidly be reached and those that require more analysis and negotiation.
- Setting Priorities for Biodiversity Conservation in Puerto Rico
- The intent of this project was to identify priority areas for biodiversity conservation throughout Puerto Rico.
- Conservation Prioritization in Napa County, California
- To identify biodiversity conservation priorities for Napa County and to prototype analytical functions for the Vista decision support system
- Integrated Conservation and Long Range Planning Using Decision Support Systems (Colorado)
- The primary purpose of this grant was to explore and demonstrate the integration of conservation and long range planning for transportation and land use by interoperating NatureServe Vista and CommunityViz decision support systems.
- Community Planning Collaborative
- This project brought together several decision support systems and their developers to run a public charette and visioning process for a 35,000 acre development site in the county. The primary purpose was to inform the county government and stakeholders of the potential for applying these tools for the planning of the site.
- Biodiversity Analysis in Support of University Master Planning
- The intent of this project was to create an updated ecological database for the University and to conduct analyses of conservation value for a select group of potential development sites. We then delivered the database and the NatureServe Vista software to the University of Virginia.