Animal Data for Download
NatureServe compiles and maintains extensive data on the animals of the United States, Canada, and the entire Western Hemisphere. These data focus on the taxonomy, natural history, distribution, and conservation status of vertebrates and selected invertebrates. The following downloadable datasets are available here:
- Digital Distribution Maps of Important Pollinator Species
- Digital Distribution Maps of the Birds of the Western Hemisphere
- Digital Distribution Maps of the Mammals of the Western Hemisphere
- Digital Distribution Maps of the World's Amphibians
- Digital Distribution Maps of the Freshwater Fishes of the Conterminous United States
In addition to these downloadable datasets, our NatureServe Explorer and InfoNatura websites provide extensive additional information from our central databases that are searchable by species name, taxonomic group, distribution, and conservation status. This includes information for all vertebrate species native to the United States and Canada (except marine fishes), and for the best-known groups of invertebrates.
State and province-specific data are compiled by our network of member programs. Many of these datasets are available through our Local Program Data portal.