An organization eligible to be a Contributing Member, as set out above, may apply for membership by sending a letter to NatureServe's President requesting membership, demonstrating it has approved of and supports the objectives of NatureServe, and by paying whatever dues have been set. The membership request shall be reviewed and a motion taken by the Membership Committee, consistent with any criteria for this class of membership. The approval of the full Board of Directors is required for Committee recommendations to take effect.
Eligibility Terms, Conditions, and Criteria
- The applicant is an organization, not an individual, and
- the organization approves of and supports the objectives of NatureServe, and
- the organization is not eligible for Constituent or Associate membership, and
- the organization is not a “for-profit” company, and
- the organization actively promotes science-based conservation action internationally, nationally, or sub-nationally.
Letter of Application
The letter of application should include:
- Statements attesting to congruence with the aforementioned eligibility terms, conditions, and criteria,
- reason(s) for joining NatureServe,
- a description of the organization’s structure, size, years of operation, mission, objectives, and activities, and
- primary contact information.
Attachments to the letter of application should include a copy of the organization’s bylaws and a letter of recommendation from a NatureServe member or partner.
A deposit in the amount of the first year’s dues is payable at the time that the application is submitted, and will be applied to the first year of dues upon acceptance of the application by the Board. The deposit will be refunded in full if the application is rejected.
Letters of application should be addressed to NatureServe’s President, and must be received at least six weeks before the Board meeting at which the final decision about the application will be made by the Board.
Contributing Member Dues
The annual membership dues are US$700 for Contributing Members located in High Income Economies, and $100 for all other economies. The rate of US$700 applies to any organization operating internationally, including those that serve more than one developing country.
Contributing Member Privileges
- Recognized in the NatureServe Annual report, on the NatureServe website, and in other NatureServe marketing materials.
- Receive discounted rates at training, regional, national, and international conferences.
- Enhanced opportunities to participate in collaborative projects, work groups, and to advance thought leadership.