- Director of Species Science
- White Paper: Confronting Climate Change: An Organizational Strategy for NatureServe (PDF: 243KB)
- Fact Sheet: Predicting Future Change: A Climate Change Vulnerability Index (PDF: 125KB)
- Read stories at LandScope America about the effect of climate change on species and places
- See the Climate Change Stress Index for your area by using the interactive map at LandScope America
Confronting Climate Change
NatureServe's Climate Change Strategy
NatureServe and its network of member programs have been observing and documenting our environment's biodiversity and changing landscape for more than 30 years. As climate change continues to emerge as the major threat to the continued survival of many plants and animals, and the ecosystems on which they depend, NatureServe is uniquely positioned to track the impact of those changes and to help identify ways to mitigate them and adapt to them.
NatureServe is addressing the impacts of climate change on biodiversity by developing tools and information that enable you to build climate-change considerations into broader conservation efforts. Read our strategy to confront climate change.
NatureServe works closely with its member programs and other partners to carry out these strategies. Together, we will make a significant difference at helping society respond to this urgent threat to the survival of both wildlife and people.
- The NatureServe Climate Change Vulnerability Index
- The NatureServe Climate Change Vulnerability Index can help identify plant and animal species that are particularly vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
- Climate Change-Specific Guidance in NatureServe Vista
- NatureServe is integrating climate change analyses into several planning projects using its NatureServe Vista software.