Products & Services
NatureServe Vista: Case Studies
- Area-wide Cumulative Effects Assessment on Colorado's Front Range
- NatureServe Vista was used to demonstrate a method for regional cumulative effects assessment and alternatives and mitigation development for long range transportation and land use plans. The demonstration was done with three Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) in the Front Range region of Colorado but is generalized for application anywhere. Contact our Services program for assistance in conducting similar projects. Learn more... (PDF, 1.65 MB)
- Land Use Planning in San Martin, Peru
- NatureServe Vista will be used to examine the compatibility of land use and conservation across the upper Mayo watershed in San Martin, Peru. This work is being conducted by NatureServe, with support from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation. Learn more...
- Napa Valley: Biodiversity in the Balance
- NatureServe Vista was first developed to help Napa County environmentalists, vintners, and farmers draft a road map for protecting the environment while maintaining a sustainable agricultural base and a vibrant urban community. Learn more... (PDF, 332KB).
- Potlatch, Corp.
- NatureServe Vista was recently used to help Potlatch Corporation, a large timber company, evaluate the conservation value of forest stands in south-central Arkansas. Learn more... (PDF, 201KB).
Additional case studies
Sample Data for NatureServe Vista