Products & Support
Vista Project Reports
Reports for projects provided by Vista users or by NatureServe when clients have released for publication.
- The Florida Community Planning Collaborative Report: a 35,000 acre site near Orlando that featured Vista interoperating with several other tools in a large community visioning process.
- An Analysis of Conservation and Economic Value of Forest Stands: Final Report by NatureServe to Potlatch Corporation, Arkansas Timberlands. NatureServe Vista was used with manual GIS to evaluate the biodiversity value of forest stands and compare those values to economic production values to inform stand management outcomes.
- Geospatial Environmental and Community Analysis in Pueblo and El Paso Counties, Colorado: project interoperated NatureServe Vista with CommunityViz software to demonstrated improved ability to conduct long range regional transportation and land use planning.
Vista Evaluation Reports
Reports evaluating the utility and performance of Vista for particular applications. Note that these reports were authored or in one case co-authored with others. We present them in unedited form though some conclusions we believe are either incorrect or outdated. If you have concerns about using Vista related to information in these reports, please contact us.
- U.S. Dept of Interior Bureau of Land Management evaluation report produced with NatureServe. Report to NASA (funder of Vista 2.0) on utility and performance of Vista for BLM Resource Management Planning
- Lake Erie Alleghany Partnership report on utility of Vista for large regional planning based on a watershed pilot project
- NatureServe Vista: An Analysis of a Tool for Green Infrastructure Planning Madison County, Virginia
Articles featuring NatureServe Vista applications
- Cultivating Biodiversity in Napa: an article about our pilot application in Napa County, California