The Biotics clinic consists of access to NatureServe’s archive of previously recorded training sessions and invitations to upcoming sessions. Sessions are held most months of the year and provide training on various components of the Biotics 5 system, their functionality and underlying data management methodology. The selection of session topics offered is based on interest expressed by the Biotics 5 user community and the needs identified by Biotics support staff. Sessions will be announced several weeks in advance.
Basic training on the Biotics 5 system can be obtained by going through the Biotics Tutorial.
Recorded sessions currently available include:
- Map Session I: Map Content & Tools
- Methodology for Developing Spatial Features - PowerPoint presentation & webinar - this goes through all of the concepts and complete spatial methodology (whereas other just highlights differences)
- Implementation of Spatial Methodology - PowerPoint presentation & webinar - this expains how the methodology has changed from Biotics 4 to Biotics 5
- Map Session II: Creating Features
- Map Session III: Modifying Deleting Features
- Adventures in Advanced Editing
- Exporting Data from Biotics
- How to Get Help - PowerPoint presentation & webinar
- Biotics 5 Resources - PowerPoint presentation & webinar
- How To... Query, Insert, Update
- How to Create an Extensible Table and Section via SQL
- Best Practices & Tips: Bulk Create & Subsequent Upload of Tabular Data
Interested in learning more about Biotics or the webinars? Let us know.