The Ecosystem-Based Management (EBM) Tools Network and OpenChannels.org will host a live chat on Inspiring Conservation and Management Action through Film with Karen Anspacher-Meyer and Eva Barnett of Green Fire Productions (of the Ocean Frontiers I and II films). This presentation will be held on Thursday, May 29, at 1 pm EDT/10 am PDT/5 pm GMT.
The Ocean Frontiers films by Green Fire Productions present inspiring stories of stakeholders collaborating and making science-based decisions to benefit the ocean and ocean economies. The second film in the series, Ocean Frontiers II: A New England Story for Sustaining the Sea, was released in October 2013. It features the country’s first multi-state ocean plan (http://ocean-frontiers.org). Boating groups, shellfish associations, the Coast Guard, renewable energy companies, recreational fishing organizations, the Navy, professors and teachers, representatives on the Regional Planning Bodies in the U.S., and others are showing the film to promote discussion on marine planning and build awareness and support for marine planning.
Learn more about the film:
- 30 second PBS promo for Ocean Frontiers: The Dawn of a New Era in Ocean Stewardship
- 2 minute trailer for Ocean Frontiers II: A New England Story for Sustaining the Sea
- Full film Ocean Frontiers: The Dawn of a New Era in Ocean Stewardship
- Full film Ocean Frontiers II: A New England Story for Sustaining the Sea
- Also check out the Ocean Frontiers website to see how you can sign up to host your own screening, free of charge
Come join this live on-line chat with the film producer and outreach coordinator to learn more about the making and use of the film and discuss how film can be used to inspire conservation and management action.